Is this you?
You’re the owner of a small- to medium-sized business and you’ve noticed that your traditional way of marketing – newspaper ads, Yellow Pages ads and listings, direct mail marketing, etc. – just isn’t giving you the same return on your considerable investment as it used to. 6V4BYBCFBDUR
If this is the case, you’re not alone: more and more business owners are finding that these types of marketing tools aren’t as effective as they were even just two or three years ago.
Why Internet Marketing?
- The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) found that the number of people online worldwide is more than 2 billion, with 226 million people coming online for the first time in 2010 alone. The market research firm IDC predicts that 2015 will see an incredible 2.7 billion people worldwide online.
- Even if you just market locally, Internet World Stats estimates that more than 245 million people were online in the U.S as of June 2011.
- eMarketer.com reported in July 2011 that more than 72 percent of online users in the U.S. alone would have shopped online that year.
- But perhaps the most salient fact is this: according to TMP Direction Marketing, in 2009, almost two out of three Internet users surveyed said they used local Internet search as their primary source of local business information.
If this hasn’t convinced you that your marketing dollars might be better used to help your business become visible online, here are three additional reasons why you need Internet marketing today.
1) You can measure how your Internet marketing is working for you in great detail.
Minute detail. Do you want to know how many people visit your website? When they visit? Which pages they’re visiting the most? How long they stay on your site? Which pages they click to (your website’s “funnel”)? How many clicked on an ad or a link? How many visitors become those “users”? How many “users” became buyers? And so on. The amount of detailed information you can learn about your site’s visitors is little short of incredible. More importantly, you can use this information to tweak your offerings at any time to better attract your perfect buyer. And you can do so at a highly affordable price.
2) Internet marketing can help you shorten the sales cycle.
Internet marketing allows you to attract your “perfect customer.” Done properly, Internet marketing can help you market to just those people who are interested in your services right now! You can niche down to the narrowest of demographic, geographic and even psychographic (your perfect customer’s personality, values, attitudes and interests) markets. This then allows you to shorten your sales cycle because most people who visit your site will be doing so because they have an interest in your product/services. To some degree, they’ll already be qualified buyers.
3) You’ll find that the cost of getting leads will decline precipitously.
A 2010-2011 survey by HubSpot (a maker of Internet Marketing software), found that companies using Internet marketing to attract prospects discovered that they had a 62 percent less cost per lead than traditional “outbound” (newspaper ads, Yellow Pages, etc.) marketing techniques
We could go on and on about why Internet advertising is critical to your business’ success today. We’d love to talk to you about it and how the Internet marketing services of U.S. Image Design can help your business not only survive but thrive!
Contact us today. We look forward to being of service!